This position is available for APRIL - JUNE 2017
Children’s Day School (CDS) is a co-educational preschool through eighth grade serving over 470 students in the Mission Dolores neighborhood of San Francisco. Spanning two campuses, and home to a diverse community of students, faculty and families, CDS is a vibrant learning community. Our teachers practice constructivist teaching; born of “learning by doing,” it is how we achieve excellent academics. We believe by encouraging children to fully engage in complex topics, and in myriad ways, we are giving them tools to become lifelong learners and passionate citizens of the world. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
The Technology Support Specialist reports to the Director of Technology and serves as a member of the IT team. The position is responsible for supporting the use and function of devices, AV equipment and general infrastructure. This position will also help manage the website (Drupal) and provide online support, research, tutorials and procedures to faculty and staff and families. This position also requires excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with students, colleagues and parents. You must demonstrate a strong commitment to building a learning community where the people, culture and curriculum reflect the racial, ethnic, economic and family diversity of San Francisco.
- Be first point of contact for faculty and staff on technical support issues; troubleshoot and complete simple repairs and software re-installations.
- Coordinate off-site repair of laptops as needed.
- Support the process of preparing, delivering and upgrading hardware/software.
- Maintain a “Help Desk” system, including regular hours for live support during the school day.
- Maintain documentation of on-going support issues.
- Maintain accurate inventory of hardware and software.
- Create self-help materials designed for students and faculty (i.e. tips, tutorials, troubleshooting steps, etc.).
- Set up and support all peripherals including printers, copiers, projectors, scanners and audio visual equipment.
- Provide support for all campus wide applications including OSX, Windows, Microsoft Office for Mac and Windows, iLife, iWork, Google Apps, Adobe Acrobat and other Adobe products.
- Responsible for the daily backup/restore of all Apple and PC servers.
- Work together with other IT team members to manage tech student leadership team.
- Handle other duties/special projects assigned by the Director of Technology.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience with JAMF Casper Suite, Filemaker and Drupal is desired
- High degree of computer literacy including experience with various software
- Ability to diagnose and solve a wide range of operating system, hardware and application problems efficiently and effectively
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, related network services (i.e., DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Active Directory concepts and administration
- Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs.) and move computers and peripherals around a large campus
- Technical degree or bachelor’s degree in computer technology
- Minimum three years supporting technology, preferable in a school setting
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
***CDS is a racially and ethnically diverse community and we seek the same in our faculty and staff***